This guide is intended to help you if your Jabra Elite 65t earbuds are not turning on. This is not a big deal for these earbuds to not turn on.
Therefore you should not worry much and try the troubleshooting tips described below.
Normally both Jabra Elite 65t earbuds will turn on when you remove them from the charging case. However, if they won’t turn on you should manually turn on each earbud.
To manually turn on the right earbud hold the multi-function button until LED flashes Green. And to turn on the left earbud press and hold the Volume down button until the LED flashes Green.
However, if they don’t turn on after this continue to read on. Below we have explained some ways that are given by Jabra itself to fix Jabra Elite 65t earbuds.
How to Fix Jabra Elite 65t Not Turning On
If your Jabra Elite 65t earbuds are not turning on you should reset them.
Reset will eradicate software glitches and earbuds will back to factory settings.
Follow the steps below to reset your Jabra Elite 65t earbuds.
- Go to your device’s Bluetooth setting and unpair your Elite 65t earbuds.
- Turn off the Bluetooth of your device.
- Turn your device off and on again.
- Remove both earbuds from the charging case.
- Press and hold the earbud’s multifunction button for 10 seconds or until the LED flashes purple.
- Place earbuds back in the charging case.
- Turn on the Bluetooth of your device.
- Remove earbuds from the case and repair them with your device.
Now your Jabral Elite 65t earbuds are successfully reset. You should try to turn them on manually as we described in the intro section.
Reset Charging Case
If earbuds are still off after resetting then you should reset their charging case.
And then try to turn it on.
- Place earbuds in the charging case.
- Leave the case lid open and plug into a power source using a USB cable or charger.
- Once you see the charging case LEDs light up wait for 5 seconds and close its lid.
- Charge both earbuds and charging case for 2 hours to fully charge.
After that remove the earbuds from the case hopefully, they will turn on.
If your Jabra Elite 65t earbuds do not turn on after charging case reset then move on to the next step.
“Do not use a power supply with a higher voltage as it may cause permanent damage.”
Check Earbuds and Case
Place both earbuds in the charging case and close its lid. And after a few seconds open the charging case lid.
And see the charging case LED and note in what color it lights up. If the LED of the charging case lights up. And earbuds not turning on after 2 hours of charge.
Then you should clean the earbuds and the 4 pins of the charging case. make sure to clean the charging poles of earbuds and pins of the charging case.
You can use swabs or cotton cloth to clean dirt or debris from them.
After cleaning both earbuds and charging case. Charge earbuds for a few minutes and try to turn them on.
However, if the LED of the charging case doesn’t flash. Then you should check the power supply or charging cable that you are using to charge the case.
You should make sure you are following these guidelines for your charger.
- Make sure the plug fits properly in the wall outlet and the charging case.
- Don’t use a wet or damaged charger.
- Make sure the maximum charger rating is not more than 10W.
- Make sure the minimum current is not less than 5000mA.
Solve Temperature Issues
If you have been using your Jabra Elite 65t earbuds in extreme hot or cold temperatures. They will not turn on.
Therefore you should bring them back to normal operating temperature and then try to turn them on.
You should check the earbuds with your finger if you are feeling they are hot you should put them at room temperature for 3 to 4 hours.
And then try to turn them on.
Sometimes earbuds don’t turn on because of software glitches. Maybe your Jabra Elite 65t is not turning on due to that kind of glitch.
Therefore you should update its firmware because the latest firmware will remove software issues and make your earbuds better.
Follow the step below to check or update your Jabra Elite 65t earbuds firmware.
- Pair your earbuds with a mobile device.
- Download Jabra Sound + app.
- In Jabra Sound + app tap Discover Icon.
- To start updating the process tap the update now button.
- Wait until the download is complete and after that make sure to tap agree to the license to enable the update.
- Place both elite earbuds in the charging case to complete the firmware update.
- Connect the charging case to a power supply to ensure a smooth update.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to update the firmware. This may take up to 15 minutes therefore be patient and as indicated by the LED flashing purple in the charging case.
- Wait at least 10 seconds or until LED stops flashing purple.
Now your earbuds firmware is updated.