Just like other earbuds Jabra Elite sometimes doesn’t pair with iPhone. Due to this maybe you have to spend your time without music.
However, you are at the right place because we have some ways to fix Elite earbuds that are not connecting to iPhone. Here is how can fix them.
If your Jabra Elite is not pairing with iPhone you should make sure they are in the pairing mode and Bluetooth of the iPhone is enabled. You can put them in pairing mode by pressing the multifunction button for 3 seconds.
After entering earbuds in pairing mode enable iPhone Bluetooth and find your Jabra Elite earbuds in nearby devices. And from there pair them with your iPhone.
However, if this doesn’t fix the problem read the solutions written below.
How to fix Jabra Elite not pairing with iPhone
Before doing anything you should first try to find if something is wrong with the earbuds or iPhone.
You can check if something is wrong with earbuds by pairing them with another android device or laptop.
So, if earbuds successfully pair with another device then definitely something wrong with your iPhone if not then there is a fault in your Elite earbuds.
If you found earbuds are faulty then try the first two solutions. If something is wrong with iPhone then try the last two solutions.
1. Reset earbuds
Resetting is always the one solution to fix minor problems in Jabra Elite earbuds.
Because resetting refreshes the earbuds and brings them back to default settings.
Therefore you should reset your Jabra Elite earbuds if they are not paired with your iPhone.
Here is how you can reset your Jabra Elite earbuds.
- First, unpair your Jabra Elite earbuds from the iPhone and also turn iPhone Bluetooth off.
- Take the right earbud out of the case and turn it on by pressing the multifunction button for 10 seconds or until the LED flashes purple.
- Put the earbud back into the charging case.
- Turn on your iPhone Bluetooth.
- Remove earbuds from the case and re-pair.
However, if your earbuds are still not pairing with iPhone. Then you should also try a manual reset.
Here is how you can manually reset Jabra Elite earbuds.
- Take both earbuds out of the case and turn them on.
- Press and hold multifunction buttons of both earbuds at the same time until LEDs flash purple.
- Earbuds have been reset.
2. Update the latest firmware
Firmware is a kind of software in earbuds. That keeps Jabra Elite earbuds updated and also eradicates many bugs and glitches from it.
Updating firmware is really important because without it Jabra Elite will be unable to perform properly.
Maybe you have not updated your Elite earbuds firmware due to which they are not pairing with iPhone.
Therefore you should update your Jabra Elite earbuds firmware and then try to pair them with your iPhone.
Here is how you can update your Jabra Elite earbuds firmware.
- First, you have to download the Jabra Sound+ app from Apple Store (Or click here)
- Then pair earbuds with your iPhone.
- Open the Jabra Sound+ app and tap the Discover icon.
- Then tap Update now to begin the process.
- After the download is completed tap agree with a license to enable the latest firmware version.
- Put earbuds in the case and plug a power source into the case to make the process smooth.
- Then follow the on-screen instructions to update the firmware. It can take 15 minutes or more. (During update LED on earbuds will flash purple to indicate that they are updating.)
- Wait until the LED stop flashing purple, however, if LED continues to flash then open the case lid and close it again.
3. Restart the device
So you pair your Jabra Elite earbuds with an android device and they successfully pair with it. Now you are sure something is wrong with your iPhone.
So, you have to fix the problem. You can fix minor glitches in your iPhone by restarting it.
To restart your iPhone press and hold the top button until the off slider appears and then drag the slider.
The phone will turn off in 30 seconds. And now turn it on by pressing and holding the top button until the Apple logo appears.
4. Enable and disable Bluetooth
Maybe your Jabra Elite earbuds are not pairing with your iPhone due to Bluetooth’s fault.
Therefore you should first turn off your iPhone Bluetooth and also remove the list of the paired devices from it.
Then turn on its Bluetooth and try to pair Elite earbuds. You should at least turn off and on Bluetooth 3 to 4 times.
In this article, we have told you every possible solution to fix your Jabra Elite earbuds pairing problem. Hopefully, these solutions will work for your Jabra Elite earbuds and they will begin to pair with your iPhone.
However, if all solutions did not work for your earbuds then the last thing you can do is return the earbuds. You can return them if they are under warranty.
To do so you need to contact Jabra support. They will ask you to send photos of earbuds with the Jabra logo and a charging case with its inside codes.
Then they will tell you can you return them or not? And they will also tell you how you can send them for replacement according to your specific location.
Frequently asked questions
How to pair Jabra Elite with the iPhone?
Follow the below step to pair your Jabra Elite with your iPhone.
- Turn off the right earbud by pressing the multifunction button for 3 seconds.
- Put the right earbud into pairing mode by pressing and holding the multifunction button for 5 seconds or until its LED flashes blue.
- Open your iPhone Bluetooth setting and make sure Bluetooth is turned on.
- There select your Jabra Elite earbuds.
Now your Jabra Elite is successfully paired with your iPhone.
How do I turn my Jabra elite into pairing mode?
To enter Jabra Elite earbuds into pairing mode press and hold the multifunction button for 5 seconds or until the LED on it flash blue.
Also, earbuds will indicate that they are in pairing mode by vibrating sound.