Beats X are wireless earphones that offer great sound quality, comfort, and battery life. However, some users may encounter a problem where their Beats X flashing red and white when they try to charge them. This means that the earphones are not charging properly and may have some issues. In this article, I will explain what causes this problem and how to fix it.
What Causes Beats X Flashing Red and White?
The LED indicator light on the Beats X earphones shows their current status. When the earphones are turned on and set up, the LED light shows how much listening time is left:
- White: Up to 8 hours left
- Red: Less than an hour left
- Blinking red: Needs to charge
When the earphones are turned off and plugged into a power source, the LED light shows the charging status:
- White: Fully charged
- Red: Charging
- Blinking white: Ready to pair
However, if the earphones flash red and white alternately, it means that they are not charging and have some issues. There are several possible causes for this problem, such as:
- Faulty battery: The battery of the earphones may be damaged or worn out and need to be replaced.
- Outdated firmware: The software of the earphones may be outdated or incompatible with the device they are connected to and need to be updated.
- Circuit board issue: The circuit board of the earphones may be defective or have a loose connection and need to be repaired.
- Charger issue: The charger or the cable of the earphones may be faulty or incompatible and need to be replaced.
How to Fix Beats X Flashing Red and White?
Depending on the cause of the problem, there are different solutions that you can try to fix your Beats X flashing red and white. Here are some of them:
Solution 1: Update the Firmware
One of the easiest and most common solutions is to update the firmware of your Beats X earphones. This can help resolve any software bugs or glitches that may cause the earphones to malfunction. To update the firmware of your Beats X earphones, follow these steps:
- Download and install the Beats Updater app on your computer.
- Connect your Beats X earphones to your computer using a USB cable.
- Launch the Beats Updater app and follow the instructions on the screen to update your earphones.
- Once the update is complete, disconnect your earphones from your computer and try to charge them again.
Solution 2: Try Doing A Reset
Another simple solution is to reset your Beats X earphones. This can help clear any interference or errors that may prevent them from charging properly. To reset your Beats X earphones, follow these steps:
- Press and hold the power button and the volume down button on your earphones for about 10 seconds until the LED indicator flashes.
- Release both buttons and wait for a few seconds for your earphones to turn back on.
- Try to charge your earphones again.
Solution 3: Check the Wire Connection
Sometimes, the problem may be caused by a loose or broken wire connection inside your earphones. This can affect the power supply and cause the earphones to flash red and white. To check the wire connection of your earphones, follow these steps:
- Carefully peel off the rubber cover on both ends of your earphones where the wires are connected to the battery and the circuit board.
- Inspect the wires for any signs of damage, corrosion, or looseness.
- If you find any problems with the wires, you can try to solder them back together or replace them with new ones.
- Reattach the rubber cover on both ends of your earphones and try to charge them again.
Solution 4: Contact Apple Support
If none of the above solutions work, you may have a hardware issue with either your Beats X earphones or your charger. In that case, you should contact Apple Support for further assistance. You can find their contact information here. You may need to provide them with some information about your devices, such as their model numbers, serial numbers, purchase dates, and warranty status.
How do you reset Beats X when they flash red and white?
Put both earbuds inside the case. Keep the case lid open. Hold down the system button on the case for about 15 seconds, or until you see the LED indicator alternating between red and white flashes. Let go of the system button.
Why are my Beats X blinking red and white and disconnecting?
If your Beats X earphones are displaying a red and white flashing light, it could potentially indicate problems with either a faulty battery, a defective charging circuit, or issues with the earphones’ firmware or software. To troubleshoot this, you can try updating the firmware of your Beats X using the Beats app to ensure you have the latest version installed. This may help in resolving the issue.
Why are my Beats blinking red and white while charging?
Observing a sequence of alternating red and white lights on your Powerbeats 3 might leave you questioning its significance. Essentially, this pattern indicates that your Beats are not undergoing the charging process. Regrettably, this illumination pattern solely communicates the lack of charging, without providing any specific insight into the underlying cause for this issue.
Why are my Beatsx not charging?
Restart your Beats.
While straightforward, this solution can often address charging problems by following the classic advice of “turning it off and on again.” To power down your Beats, hold the power button until the headphones shut off. Pause briefly and then power them on again after a few seconds.
In conclusion, Beats X earphones are amazing devices that can deliver high-quality sound and comfort. However, sometimes they may have some charging issues that can cause them to flash red and white. This can be frustrating and annoying, especially when you want to enjoy your music. Fortunately, there are some simple and easy solutions that you can try to fix this problem, such as updating the firmware of your earphones, resetting your earphones, checking the wire connection of your earphones, or contacting Apple Support. I hope this article helped you solve your Beats X flashing red and white problem and enjoy your music without any interruptions.