Raycon earbuds are one of the best wireless earbuds under $100. They offer a great sound quality, a long battery life, and a sleek design. However, like any other electronic device, they can sometimes face some charging issues. If your Raycon earbuds are not charging properly, don’t worry. There are some simple solutions that you can try to fix the problem. In this article, I will show you how to troubleshoot and fix Raycon earbuds not charging issues.
Why Are Raycon Earbuds Not Charging?
There are several possible reasons why your Raycon earbuds are not charging. Some of the most common ones are:
- Dirt or debris on the earbuds or the charging case pins
- Incorrect placement of the earbuds in the charging case
- Faulty or damaged charging case, cable, or wall adapter
- Software glitches or outdated firmware
- Extreme weather conditions or exposure to water
How to Fix Raycon Earbuds Not Charging?
Depending on the cause of the problem, there are different ways to fix Raycon earbuds not charging issues. Here are some of the most effective solutions that you can try:
1. Clean the Earbuds and the Charging Case
One of the simplest and most common solutions for Raycon earbuds not charging is to clean the earbuds and the charging case. Dirt, dust, earwax, or debris can accumulate on the metal pins that connect the earbuds and the charging case. This can prevent the current from flowing and stop the charging process.
To clean the earbuds and the charging case, you will need a soft cloth, a cotton swab, and some rubbing alcohol. Follow these steps:
- Turn off your earbuds and remove them from the charging case.
- Wipe the earbuds and the charging case with a soft cloth to remove any dirt or dust.
- Dip a cotton swab in some rubbing alcohol and gently rub it on the metal pins of the earbuds and the charging case. Be careful not to use too much alcohol or damage the pins.
- Let the earbuds and the charging case dry completely before placing them back together.
2. Place the Earbuds Correctly in the Charging Case
Another possible reason why your Raycon earbuds are not charging is that they are not placed correctly in the charging case. The earbuds have two metal pins on each side that need to align with the corresponding pins in the charging case. If they are not aligned properly, they will not charge.
To place the earbuds correctly in the charging case, follow these steps:
- Open the lid of the charging case and make sure it is charged.
- Look at the shape and color of each earbud and match it with the corresponding slot in the charging case. The left earbud should go in the left slot and vice versa.
- Gently push each earbud into its slot until you hear a click sound. Make sure that they are snug and secure.
- Close the lid of the charging case and check if the LED lights on both sides turn red. This indicates that your earbuds are charging.
3. Check the Charging Case, Cable, and Wall Adapter
Sometimes, your Raycon earbuds are not charging because there is something wrong with your charging case, cable, or wall adapter. These components can get damaged or worn out over time and affect your earbuds’ charging performance.
To check if your charging case, cable, or wall adapter is working properly, follow these steps:
- Plug your cable into your wall adapter and then plug it into a power outlet.
- Connect your cable to your charging case and check if it lights up green. This indicates that your charging case is charged.
- If your charging case does not light up green, try using a different cable or wall adapter. If it still does not light up green, your charging case might be faulty or damaged and need to be replaced.
- If your charging case lights up green, disconnect it from your cable and open its lid.
- Place your earbuds in their slots and close the lid.
- Check if both sides of your charging case light up red. This indicates that your earbuds are charging.
- If one or both sides of your charging case do not light up red, try using a different cable or wall adapter. If they still do not light up red, your earbuds might be faulty or damaged and need to be replaced.
4. Update the Firmware
Another possible solution for Raycon earbuds not charging is to update the firmware. Firmware is the software that controls the functions and features of your earbuds. Sometimes, outdated or buggy firmware can cause charging issues or other problems.
To update the firmware of your Raycon earbuds, you will need a computer and a USB cable. Follow these steps:
- Go to the official Raycon website and download the latest firmware update for your earbuds model.
- Connect your earbuds to your computer using the USB cable.
- Run the firmware update file and follow the instructions on the screen.
- Wait for the update to complete and disconnect your earbuds from your computer.
- Check if your earbuds are charging properly.
5. Avoid Extreme Weather Conditions or Exposure to Water
The last thing you can do to fix Raycon earbuds not charging is to avoid exposing them to extreme weather conditions or water. Extreme heat or cold can damage the battery and affect the charging performance of your earbuds. Water can also cause corrosion or short circuits in your earbuds or charging case.
To avoid damaging your Raycon earbuds due to weather or water, follow these tips:
- Do not leave your earbuds or charging case in direct sunlight or near heat sources.
- Do not store your earbuds or charging case in very cold or humid places.
- Do not use your earbuds or charging case in rainy or snowy conditions.
- Do not submerge your earbuds or charging case in water or any other liquid.
- If your earbuds or charging case get wet, dry them with a soft cloth and let them air dry completely before using them again.
Raycon earbuds are great wireless earbuds that offer a lot of features and benefits. However, they can sometimes face some charging issues that can be frustrating and inconvenient. Fortunately, there are some simple solutions that you can try to fix Raycon earbuds not charging issue.
I hope this article has helped you troubleshoot and fix Raycon earbuds not charging issue. If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to share them below. Thank you for reading!