You can turn on your Sony WH 1000XM4 by pressing the power button for a few seconds. But sometimes they won’t turn on due to some issues.
If your Sony WH 1000XM4 headphones are not turning on don’t be annoyed. Here is how you can fix them.
Remove them from the charger because while charging they will not turn on. After that press and hold the power button until the LED flashes Blue.
In this article, you will know how to fix your Sony WH 1000XM4 headphones that are not turning on. Therefore try every solution to fix your headphone.
How Fo Fix Sony WH 1000XM4 Not Turning On
1. Properly Charge Your Sony WH 1000XM4
If your Sony WH 1000XM4 headphones are not turning on, you should charge them properly.
It means firmly connecting the charging cable to headphones and wall adapter.
And also make sure headphones are charging when you plug the charger.
Also if you have not used headphones for a long time, then they will need a longer time to turn on.
In that case, you have to charge them for at least 30 minutes to 1 hour. Then try to turn them on.
Another thing you can do to properly charge headphones is clean the headphones charging port and charging cable.
This will make sure your Sony WH 1000XM4 headphones are getting power.
Also, check the charging cable may be due to its fault headphones are not charging and as a result, they won’t turn on.
2. Reset Your Sony WH 1000XM4
If the above tip did not work for your Sony WH 1000XM4 headphones.
Then you should reset them.
Because resetting will eradicate every software bug or glitch in the firmware of the headphones.
Here is how you can soft reset your Sony WH 1000XM4 headphones.
- First press the power and custom buttons at the time while the headphones are charging.
- After a few seconds, the headphones will reboot and reset.
Now your Sony WH 1000XM4 headphones are completely reset.
Try to turn them on, if they still won’t turn on then perform a factory reset.
Here is how you can factory reset your Sony WH 1000XM4 headphones.
- Turn off your Sony WH 1000XM4 headphones while the charging cable is disconnected.
- Press and hold the power and custom button at the same time for 7 seconds.
- Indicators on the headphone will flash blue four times which means the headphones are reset.
Now try to turn on your Sony WH 1000XM4 headphones. Hopefully, they will turn on.
If they won’t turn on then try the next step.
3. Update the Firmware of Sony WH 1000XM4
Another thing you can do to turn on your Sony WH 1000XM4 headphones is to update their firmware.
Because updating firmware will also resolve many issues including turning on issues.
Always make sure your headphone’s firmware’s latest version is updated.
Here is how you can update the firmware of your Sony WH 100XM4.
- First, download the Sony Headphones Connect app.
- Then download the latest software from the server to your mobile phone on which the Sony app is installed.
- Transfer software from phone to Sony WH 1000XM4 headphones.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to update the firmware of your Sony WH 1000XM4.
After that try to turn on your headphones hopefully they will turn on.
4. Check Power Button
If your Sony WH 1000XM4 is not turning on after updating firmware.
In this case, you should check their power button.
Maybe its power button is damaged due to which it is not turning on.
You should check if the power button is loose or not working at all.
So, if the power button is faulty then you need to fix it.
5. Faulty Battery
If all the above tips did not work for your Sony WH 1000XM4 headphones and they still are not turning on.
Then most chances are your headphones battery is damaged. Due to this, they are not turning on.
Sony WH 1000XM4 headphones have Lithium polymer batteries that can easily be damaged by high temperatures.
If you had exposed your headphones to high temperature, heat, or used in a sauna.
Then definitely their battery has been damaged. And you have to replace their battery in order to turn them on.
You can check here how to replace the Sony WH 1000XM4 battery.
I hope you have found this article helpful and your Sony WH 1000XM4 headphones have turned on.
If they are still not turning on then you should contact Sony Customer support.
They will tell you what is wrong with your headphones and how you can fix them.
I would suggest you should replace them if they are under warranty.
How to turn on Sony WH 1000XM4
Here is how you can turn on your Sony WH 1000XM4 headphones.
- You have to press and hold the power button for 2 seconds.
- After 2 seconds the indicator on the headphones will flash blue.
- Your Sony WH 1000XM4 headphones are turned on.
You can also set the automatic turn-on the function through Sony App. When you will put them on your head they will automatically turn on.
Here is how you can enable automatic turn-on.
- First, you have to open the Sony headphones application.
- Then switch to the system and there you will get an automatic turn on the option.