Astro A50 is an excellent gaming headset; however, people are facing an issue with this headset: their Astro A50 is not connecting to the base station.
Don’t worry; you are not alone; many people face the same issue.
So, in this article, you will get information about what to do if your headset is not connecting to the base station.
How to Fix Astro A50 Not Connecting to Base Station?
Let’s take a closer look at every possible reason and how to fix it.
Hard Reset Headset
A hard reset is the first thing that can fix your Astro A50 headset.
Because a hard reset will remove minor glitches and bugs from the headset, it will hopefully connect to the base station.
Follow the below steps to hard reset your Astro A50.
- Before resetting the headset, use the power station’s cable to power the headset from your console.
- Press and hold the Dolby Button (between the Power switch and EQ switch) and Game/Voice Paddle (on the headset’s right earcup) for 15 to 20 seconds.
- Make sure your headset is turned on while doing the process.
Headset Won’t Reset
If your Astro A50 is not resetting, then follow the below instructions.
- First, unplug and re-plug the USB cable into your headset from your console.
- Turn off the headset and base station, then turn them on again and try.
- Ensure your headset is properly connected to the connectors of the base station.
- Sometimes headset doesn’t reset without the latest firmware and command center. Therefore first install the command center app, update your headset’s firmware, and then try to reset it.
Reinstall Command Center
Sometimes your Astro A50 headset will not connect to the base station because of glitches or bugs in the command center.
Therefore you should uninstall and install it again; doing this will remove glitches from the app.
Hopefully, after this, your headset will connect to the base station.
Here is how you can uninstall the Astro command center.
- Go to the start menu and click the control panel.
- Then go to uninstall the program.
- Find the Astro command center from the list of installed apps on your computer.
- Right-click on the Astro command center and click uninstall the program.
Here is how to install the Astro command center.
- Download the command center file from the Astro gaming website or Microsoft store.
- Once downloaded, complete and run the file.
Updating Astro A50 firmware can also be helpful for you to fix the connecting problem between the headset and the base station.
So, follow the below guide to update your headset firmware.
- First, open the Astro command center on your PC.
- Connect your base station to your computer with the USB power cable. Place the headset on the base station and ensure it is charging.
- Astro command center will now ask you to update firmware for your Auto A50 and Base station.
- Click on the link of firmware within the command center and download it.
Firmware Update Fails
The firmware update can solve the problem; however, if the update fails, then you cannot be able to fix the issue.
So, if your Astro A50 headset firmware update fails, follow the instructions below.
- First, download the Astro command center from the Microsoft or Astro site.
- Place the headset on the base station.
- Update it through the command center.
- Most updates will stop at 50% and will not be complete.
- If that’s the case, close the command center and then again open it and update the headset.
- Now your Astro A50 firmware will be updated.