JBL headphones are known for their high-quality sound, durability, and comfort. However, like any other electronic device, they can sometimes encounter problems with charging. If your JBL headphones not charging, it can be frustrating and inconvenient, especially if you need them for work, entertainment, or travel. Fortunately, there are some possible causes and solutions that you can try to fix this issue. In this article, I will explain why your JBL headphones are not charging and how to fix them in simple steps.
Why Are My JBL Headphones Not Charging?
There are several reasons why your JBL headphones may not be charging properly. Some of the most common ones are:
- Dirty or broken charging port: The micro USB port on your headphones may be clogged with dust, dirt, or debris, which can prevent the charging cable from making a good connection. Alternatively, the port may be damaged or loose from the circuit board, which can interrupt the power supply to the battery.
- Damaged or incompatible charging cable: The charging cable may be frayed, bent, or broken, which can affect its ability to transfer electricity. Alternatively, the cable may not be compatible with your headphones or the power source, which can cause a mismatch in voltage or current.
- Software glitches: Your headphones may have some software issues that prevent them from recognizing or accepting the charge. This can happen due to firmware updates, Bluetooth interference, or other factors.
- Abnormal charging temperature: Your headphones may not charge properly if they are exposed to extreme heat or cold. This can affect the battery performance and lifespan, as well as the safety of the device.
- Outdated firmware: Your headphones may need a firmware update to fix some bugs or improve some features. If your firmware is outdated, it may cause some problems with charging or other functions.
- Batteries: Your headphones may have batteries that are worn out or defective. This can affect their ability to hold a charge or deliver enough power to the device.
How to Fix JBL Headphones Not Charging?
Depending on the cause of the problem, there are different ways to fix your JBL headphones not charging. Here are some possible solutions that you can try:
1. Clean the charging port
You can use a small brush, a cotton swab, or a can of compressed air to gently clean the charging port of your headphones. Make sure to remove any dust, dirt, or debris that may be blocking the connection. Be careful not to damage the port or the circuit board while cleaning.
2. Replace the charging cable
You can try using a different charging cable that is compatible with your headphones and the power source. Make sure that the cable is in good condition and not damaged in any way. You can also try plugging the cable into a different USB port or outlet to see if that makes a difference.
3. Reset your headphones
You can reset your headphones by pressing and holding the power button for 10 seconds. This will turn off your headphones and clear any software glitches that may be affecting the charging process. You can then turn on your headphones again and try charging them normally.
4. Maintain the temperature
You should avoid exposing your headphones to extreme heat or cold while charging them. This can damage the battery and reduce its performance and lifespan. You should also avoid using your headphones while they are charging, as this can generate more heat and affect the charging speed and efficiency.
5. Update firmware
You should check if there are any firmware updates available for your headphones. You can do this by downloading and installing the JBL app on your smartphone or tablet. The app will automatically detect your headphones and notify you if there are any updates available. You can then follow the instructions on the app to update your firmware.
6. Change batteries
If none of the above solutions work, you may need to replace the batteries in your headphones. This is usually not a DIY job, as it requires opening up your headphones and soldering new batteries to the circuit board. You should take your headphones to a qualified repair center for this service.
If none of these solutions work for you, then you may need to contact JBL customer service for further assistance. They may be able to offer you some troubleshooting tips or warranty service if your headphones are still under warranty. Alternatively, you may need to buy new headphones if your current ones are beyond repair.
How do you know if JBL headphones are charging?
When you plug in your JBL headphones to charge, the LED light on the headphones will turn on. This light indicates that the headphones are charging. Once the headphones are fully charged, the LED light will turn off. It’s important to note that charging times may vary depending on the specific model of JBL headphones you have. To ensure that your headphones are charging properly, make sure that they are securely plugged into the charging cable and that the cable is plugged into a power source. With these simple steps, you can easily determine whether your JBL headphones are charging or not.
Why is the red light blinking on my JBL headphones not charging?
The red light blinking on JBL headphones while charging indicates that the battery is low. One possible reason for JBL headphones not charging could be a faulty battery caused by crystalline build-up, overheating due to exposure to sunlight or hot cars, or a factory fault. Another reason could be a faulty charging cable or an insufficient power supply from the USB hub. It is recommended to try charging the headphones directly via a power outlet, reset the headphones by pressing and holding the power button for 10 seconds, or replace the batteries if necessary.
Can I listen to JBL while it is charging?
Yes, you can use JBL headphones while they are charging. However, it is recommended to use the correct charger, avoid kinking the cord, and avoid charging it through a computer or other powerful device to avoid damaging the battery.
How do I check the battery level on my JBL headphones iPhone?
You can easily check the battery levels of all your Bluetooth devices connected to your iPhone with a simple swipe. The battery icon on the top right corner of your screen shows you a rough estimate of how much power your iPhone has left, and you can also see the exact percentage by opening the Control Center or enabling it in Settings, depending on your iPhone model.
JBL headphones are great devices that offer excellent sound quality and comfort. However, they can sometimes have problems with charging due to various reasons. By following these tips and solutions, you can fix your JBL headphones not charging issue and enjoy using them again.