The Razer Black Shark V2 Pro is a high-end wireless gaming headset. The headset designed for professional gamers who demand top-notch audio quality and comfort during long gaming sessions. This headset is an upgraded version of the popular Black Shark V2 headset. It comes packed with a range of features that make it stand out from the crowd.
Here are some of the pros and cons of this headset:
- Exceptional audio quality: The Black Shark V2 Pro delivers crystal-clear audio, thanks to its THX Spatial Audio technology. The audio is well-balanced, and you can hear even the faintest sounds in the game. This feature can give you an edge in competitive gaming.
- Comfortable design: The Black Shark V2 Pro is designed with comfort in mind, with plush ear cups and a lightweight frame that won’t cause fatigue even during long gaming sessions.
- Excellent microphone: The headset comes with a detachable cardioid microphone that delivers clear and crisp voice communication. The microphone is also flexible, allowing you to adjust its position for optimal sound pickup.
- Long battery life: The Black Shark V2 Pro can last up to 24 hours on a single charge, so you won’t have to worry about running out of battery in the middle of a gaming session.
- Expensive: The Black Shark V2 Pro is quite pricey compared to other gaming headsets on the market.
- Limited connectivity options: The headset only connects via USB dongle, which means you can’t use it with devices that don’t have a USB port.
- No Bluetooth connectivity: The Black Shark V2 Pro doesn’t have Bluetooth connectivity. You can’t use it wirelessly with mobile devices or laptops that don’t have a USB port.
- Weak bass: While the audio quality of the Black Shark V2 Pro is generally excellent, the bass response can be somewhat lacking. It may be a drawback for gamers who enjoy bass-heavy games or music.
Razer BlackShark V2 Pro
To use the Razer BlackShark V2 Pro wirelessly, the USB-A dongle provided must be used. While not as compact as other wireless mouse connectors, it remains smaller than most USB flash drives and can fit comfortably into most USB ports. The dongle is compatible with PCs, PlayStation 4 and 5, and Nintendo Switch. However, Xbox consoles are only compatible in wired configurations.
The Razer BlackShark V2 Pro headset does not support Bluetooth connectivity. Instead, it employs low-latency 2.4GHz wireless connectivity, which prevents the lag and synchronization issues commonly encountered with Bluetooth headsets. Such limitations can lead to audio delays that can significantly impact even casual gameplay experiences.
Razer claims that the headset has a range of up to 40 feet, and I was able to easily achieve this range and more, even with a couple of walls in between before the signal began to weaken.
Given the importance of wireless connectivity, it’s evident that the Razer BlackShark V2 Pro headset is not suitable for those looking for a primarily wired or Xbox-compatible solution. For such users, the Blackshark V2 X, its $60 sibling, is a better option. Nonetheless, the V2 Pro’s versatility, thanks to its included analog audio cord, makes it a flexible and all-in-one solution for anyone seeking a headset that can be used across all their PCs and consoles.
It’s important to note that the Razer Blackshark V2 Pro is primarily designed as a gaming headset. While it is possible to use it for music listening, it is not its intended purpose. At a similar price point or less, there are other headphones, that are more accurately tuned for music listening. To be straightforward, I do not recommend the Blackshark V2 Pro for those looking for headphones primarily for music listening.
Is Razer BlackShark V2 Pro worth it?
The BlackShark V2 Pro is a top-of-the-line wireless gaming headset that lives up to its high price tag. Its construction quality, audio performance, and battery longevity are all impressive, with only minor drawbacks. The inclusion of THX Spatial Audio technology significantly elevates the audio experience, making it a standout feature.
Does the Razer BlackShark V2 Pro have 7.1 surround sound?
Yes, the Razer BlackShark V2 X is equipped with 7.1 Surround Sound, allowing for a more immersive audio experience when enjoying music, movies, and games.
How to activate and use 7 1 Surround Sound?
What’s better the BlackShark or Kraken?
Compared to the Kraken V3, the BlackShark V2 offers superior comfort, more consistent frequency response, and a wider and more natural passive soundstage. On the other hand, the Kraken V3 boasts a more durable construction, stronger virtual soundstage capabilities, and slightly better overall microphone performance.
Overall, the Razer Black Shark V2 Pro is an excellent wireless gaming headset that delivers exceptional audio quality, comfort, and battery life. While it may be pricey, its THX Spatial Audio technology and premium build quality make it an ideal choice for serious gamers who demand the best.
Read also: Best Gaming Headset That Doesn’t Hurt Ears