Escape From Tarkov is a realistic and immersive online first-person shooter game that requires good sound quality to enjoy the gameplay and gain an edge over your enemies. Whether you want to hear the footsteps of your opponents, the direction of gunshots, or the ambient sounds of the environment, you need a headset that can deliver clear and accurate audio.
But with so many headsets on the market, how do you choose the best headset Tarkov? To help you out, I have compiled a list of the top 5 best headsets for Tarkov in 2023 based on their features, performance, comfort, and price. Here are our picks:
Best Headset For Tarkov In 2023
1. Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen)
The MMX 300 (2nd Gen) delivers an impressive sound quality that can rival some of the best headphones on the market. The sound is clear, crisp, and detailed, with a natural and balanced tonality. The bass is punchy and powerful, but not overwhelming or muddy. The midrange is smooth and rich, with good presence and clarity. The treble is bright and airy, but not harsh or sibilant.
The soundstage is wide and spacious, with a realistic sense of depth and height. The imaging is precise and accurate, with a good separation of instruments and vocals. It can handle any genre of music with ease, as well as gaming sound effects and dialogue.
The headset is also very comfortable to wear for long periods of time, thanks to the plush ear pads and headband padding. The headset does not feel too heavy or tight on the head, and does not cause any fatigue or discomfort. The ear pads also provide good passive noise isolation, blocking out most ambient sounds.
The microphone is also very good for gaming communication and streaming, as it captures the voice clearly and naturally, without any distortion or background noise. The microphone can be easily muted or adjusted with the inline remote, which also controls the volume level.
2. HyperX Cloud Alpha
The HyperX Cloud Alpha is a gaming headset that offers a good sound quality, comfort, and durability for a reasonable price. It is designed for gamers who want a balanced and powerful sound profile that can handle both gaming and music. Here are some of the features of the HyperX Cloud Alpha:
HyperX Dual Chamber Drivers: The HyperX Cloud Alpha uses dual chamber drivers that separate the bass from the mids and highs, allowing them to be tuned individually for reduced distortion and more clarity. The drivers are 50mm in size and have a frequency range of 13Hz – 27,000Hz.
Signature HyperX comfort: The HyperX Cloud Alpha has a comfortable and sturdy design, with a padded leatherette headband and soft memory foam ear cushions. The ear cushions are also detachable and replaceable. The headset weighs 336g and has an adjustable headband to fit different head sizes.
Durable aluminum frame: The HyperX Cloud Alpha has a solid and durable build quality, with an aluminum frame that can withstand daily use and abuse. The frame also has metal hinges that allow the ear cups to tilt and swivel for a better fit.
Detachable noise-canceling microphone: The HyperX Cloud Alpha has a detachable microphone that can be easily plugged in or removed depending on your needs. The microphone has a cardioid polar pattern that picks up your voice clearly and rejects background noise. The microphone also has a frequency range of 50Hz – 18,000Hz and a sensitivity of -43dBV.
In-line audio controls: The HyperX Cloud Alpha comes with two detachable cables: one with a dual 3.5mm TRS plug for PC use, and one with a single 3.5mm TRRS plug for console and mobile use. Both cables have in-line audio controls that let you adjust the volume and mute the microphone with ease.
Multi-platform compatibility: The HyperX Cloud Alpha is compatible with PC, PS4™, Xbox™, Nintendo Switch™, and other platforms with a 3.5mm port. It also comes with a 6.35mm adapter for use with other devices.
3. Razer BlackShark V2 X
Razer TriForce 50mm Drivers: The Razer BlackShark V2 X uses custom-tuned drivers that split the audio frequencies into three parts: bass, mid, and high. This allows for more clarity and detail in the sound, as well as less distortion and interference. The drivers have a frequency range of 12Hz – 28,000Hz.
Razer HyperClear Cardioid Mic: The Razer BlackShark V2 X has a detachable microphone that can capture your voice clearly and reject background noise. The microphone has a cardioid polar pattern that focuses on your voice and reduces ambient sounds. The microphone also has a frequency range of 100Hz – 10,000Hz and a sensitivity of -42dBV.
Advanced Passive Noise Cancellation: The Razer BlackShark V2 X has closed-back ear cups that seal your ears from external noise. The ear cups are also covered with memory foam cushions that are soft and breathable. The headset weighs only 240g and has an adjustable headband to fit different head sizes.
7.1 Surround Sound: The Razer BlackShark V2 X supports 7.1 surround sound that can enhance your spatial awareness and immersion in games. You can activate this feature by downloading the Razer Synapse software on your PC. The software also allows you to customize your audio settings and preferences.
3.5mm Connection: The Razer BlackShark V2 X has a 3.5mm connection that makes it compatible with PC, PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and mobile devices. It also comes with a splitter cable for PC use and a carrying pouch for portability.
How to Choose The Best Headset For Tarkov
Tarkov is a realistic and immersive online first-person shooter game that requires good sound quality to enjoy the gameplay and gain an edge over your enemies. Whether you want to hear the footsteps of your opponents, the direction of gunshots, or the ambient sounds of the environment, you need a headset that can deliver clear and accurate audio.
But how do you choose the best headset for Tarkov? There are many factors to consider, such as connection type, platform, comfort, sound reproduction, and microphone. Now I’ll explain each factor and give you some tips on how to choose the best headset for Tarkov.
You should consider whether you like a wireless or wired connection. Both of these types have pros and cons.
- Wireless headsets offer more freedom of movement and less cable clutter, but they also require batteries or charging and may have latency or interference issues.
- Wired headsets offer more reliability and stability, but they also limit your mobility and may get tangled or damaged.
The choice depends on your personal preference and gaming setup. If you play on a PC or console near a power outlet, you may prefer a wireless headset for convenience. If you play on a laptop or mobile device, you may prefer a wired headset for compatibility.
The next thing you should consider is the platform on which you will use the headset. Different platforms may have different audio standards and compatibility issues.
- PC headsets usually have a USB or 3.5mm jack connection and may support features like 7.1 surround sound or software customization. However, not all PC headsets are compatible with consoles or mobile devices.
- Console headsets usually have a 3.5mm jack connection and may support features like chat mix or game audio balance. However, not all console headsets are compatible with PC or mobile devices.
- Mobile headsets usually have a 3.5mm jack or Bluetooth connection and may support features like noise cancellation or voice control. However, not all mobile headsets are compatible with PC or consoles.
The choice depends on your gaming device and whether you want to use the headset for other purposes. If you play on multiple platforms, you may want to look for a universal headset that works with all of them. If you play on one platform only, you may want to look for a headset that is optimized for that platform.
The next thing to consider when you look for the best headset for Tarkov is comfort. You want a headset that fits well and feels good on your head and ears, especially if you play for long sessions.
There are several factors that affect comfort, such as:
- Weight: A lighter headset puts less pressure on your head and neck and is easier to wear for longer periods.
- Size: A smaller headset takes less space and is easier to store and carry around.
- Shape: A rounder headset conforms better to your head shape and distributes the weight more evenly.
- Material: A softer material feels more comfortable and breathable on your skin and reduces sweating and irritation.
- Padding: A thicker padding cushions your ears and head and reduces noise leakage and external distractions.
- Adjustability: An adjustable headband and ear cups allow you to customize the fit and comfort of your headset.
The choice depends on your head size, shape, and preference. You may want to try different headsets before buying one to see how they feel on your head.
The next thing to consider when you look for the best headset for Tarkov is sound reproduction. You want a headset that can reproduce the sound of the game accurately and realistically, so you can immerse yourself in the game world and react accordingly.
There are several factors that affect sound reproduction, such as:
The drivers are the speakers inside the ear cups that produce the sound. Larger drivers usually produce louder and richer sound, but they also make the headset heavier and bulkier.
The frequency response is the range of frequencies that the headset can reproduce. A wider frequency response usually means more detail and clarity in the sound, but it also depends on how well balanced the sound is across different frequencies.
The impedance is the resistance of the headset to the electric current from the audio source. Higher impedance usually means better sound quality, but it also requires more power to drive the headset.
The sensitivity is the loudness of the headset at a given power level. Higher sensitivity usually means louder sound, but it also depends on how well matched the impedance of the headset and the audio source are.
The soundstage is the perceived sense of the width, depth, and height of the imaginary “stage” where the music performance is being performed. Headphones with a good soundstage make you feel like you are listening to a live performance rather than a recorded track. It feels as if you are “in the moment,” so to speak.
The imaging is the ability of the headset to position individual sounds within space/soundstage. Headphones with good imaging allow you to tell where exactly a certain sound is coming from, such as a gunshot, a footstep, or a voice. It makes the sound more realistic and immersive.
The choice depends on your personal preference and gaming style. You may want to look for a headset that has a balanced sound reproduction that can handle both low and high frequencies well, or you may want to look for a headset that emphasizes certain frequencies that are more important for Tarkov, such as bass or treble.
The last thing to consider when you look for the best headset for Tarkov is microphone. You want a microphone that can capture your voice clearly and transmit it to your teammates or enemies without distortion or interference.
There are several factors that affect microphone quality, such as:
- Type: The type of microphone refers to how it picks up sound from different directions. There are two main types of microphones: omnidirectional and unidirectional. Omnidirectional microphones pick up sound from all directions equally, while unidirectional microphones pick up sound from one direction more than others.
- Noise cancellation: The noise cancellation feature refers to how well the microphone filters out background noise from your voice. Noise-canceling microphones use different technologies to reduce or eliminate unwanted sounds, such as wind, traffic, or keyboard clicks.
- Sensitivity: The sensitivity of the microphone refers to how well it picks up your voice at different volumes and distances. Higher sensitivity microphones can pick up quieter or farther voices better, but they may also pick up more background noise or distort louder voices.
- Position: The position of the microphone refers to where it is located on the headset. Some microphones are attached to a boom arm that can be adjusted or detached, while others are built into the ear cup or cable. The position of the microphone affects how well it picks up your voice and how comfortable it is to use.
The choice depends on your gaming environment and communication style. You may want to look for a microphone that has a good noise cancellation feature if you play in a noisy place, or you may want to look for a microphone that has a high sensitivity if you speak softly or far from the mic.
Choosing the best headset Tarkov can be challenging, but it can also be rewarding if you find one that suits your needs and preferences. By considering factors such as connection type, platform, comfort, sound reproduction, and microphone, you can narrow down your options and make an informed decision.
I hope this article helps you find the perfect headset for your gaming needs. Happy raiding!